PLEASE VOTE NOVEMBER 3rd
Two ways to apply for an application to receive an absentee ballot
• Apply in person at your local county courthouse
• Download the application and print at home
• Mail back the application: (one application per envelope)
⇒ Include a photo ID
⇒ Application requires one witness
⇒ Return application ASAP in a stamped envelope
Ballots will be mailed in Sept 2020 to you at home
- Make phone calls from your home to help us check on our age 60+ Neighbors in every county within District 4.
- Make porch deliveries to your neighbors in need.
- Deliver mask to your local neighbors or send by mail.
- Donate to help with Mask Materials or contribute to Neighbors Helping Neighbors campaign in Alabama Congressional District 4.
THIS IS WHAT GOOD NEIGHBORS DO
Congressional Campaign Switches Gears
Rick Neighbors found a local business in Guntersville, Alabama that had a partnership with a company in China that made suits for Europe. They were ready to switch their process to make 65,000 to 90,000 masks a week, but were held up for a permit with the Food and Drug Administration. They contacted U.S. Senator Doug Jones, Birmingham Democrat, and began the process of helping to import the masks the health care workers in Alabama needed. U.S. Senator Jones responded to the call and helped push through the permit.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD FACTS
- 35%, or over 160,000, of our Neighbors in U.S. Congressional District 4 are most at risk for the new coronavirus.
- 66% of our District Neighborhoods are in rural communities with fewer resources available to them.
Effective immediately, our Neighborhood of Volunteers will focus on what we can do to help during the Covid-19 pandemic. We’ve expanded our Neighbors Helping Neighbors campaign to reach out to those most vulnerable and lend assistance.