For any election, the last day to register to vote or update your voter registration is the 15th day prior to the election.
To submit an application to register to vote, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must live in the State of Alabama.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on or before election day.
- You must not be barred from voting by reason of a disqualifying felony conviction.
- You must not have been judged “mentally incompetent” in a court of law.
You will be required to present valid photo identification when you vote at your polling place or by absentee ballot, unless exempted by law.